Shrine of Our Lady of Sorrows

0 Comment(s)

Information › Shrine of Our Lady of Sorrows

The city´s main church, the Shrine of Our Lady of Sorrows was built in the exact spot where Avare emerged. There was the original chapel of Major.

Built in the late nineteenth century, the first array was built where it is today the courtyard of the present church. In the years 1913, 1917 and 1921, the temple was visited by Santa Paulina, who was in Avare to know the communities of nuns of the Holy House, the former St. Vincent de Paul Hospital and St. Joseph Externato In neo-Gothic style, the beautiful church was completed in 1945 by Italian bricklayer Pedro de La Santina.

Richly decorated with stained glass and frescoes of biblical scenes and religious images, its interior was decorated by the painter Francisco Slovenian Paulovic. The Shrine holds in its collection the century statue of the Virgin and altars as the Calvary and the Rosary.

Comments

Send your Comment

hotvsnot

Copyright © 2012 AcheiViagem.com - All Rights Reserved 2012 | Forbidden reproduction or use of any content.