The light rail station was opened to the public in 1901. Its facilities occupy 7500 meters square of the Garden of Light and was built by St. Paul Railway Company structures, brought from England, who copy the Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. The Season of Light is the main evidence of the importance and development that the coffee culture - which required the railroad to increase the flow of product Jundiaí to the port of Santos - has brought to the city as to the State. The importance of the Sao Paulo Railway Station, as it was officially known, lasted until the end of World War II, after this period, the railway was being replaced by air and road transport. Then, the station began receiving suburban trains. It is located on the periphery of the center, at the end of Avenida Casper Libero.
Copyright © 2012 AcheiViagem.com - All Rights Reserved 2012 | Forbidden reproduction or use of any content.